Frac sand is an essential component of the oil and gas industry that is specially engineered and processed to meet the specific needs of hydraulic fracturing operations.
In this guide, we’ll discuss what frac sand is, why it’s important, and how companies can ensure they can access a quick truck load of sand when needed. We’ll also look at the importance of having a streamlined loan-in process for frac sand so that gas and oil companies can get the necessary resources without delay.
Frac sand is a high-purity silica sand that is specifically engineered and processed for hydraulic fracturing. It’s made up of very fine, round grains of quartz and contain no clay or other impurities. The sand is washed, dried, and screened to meet the exact specifications set by the end user. Frac sand can range in size from 40 / 70 mesh to 100 mesh (150 microns).
The hydraulic fracturing process requires millions of pounds of frac sand for each well completion job. This sand helps create small fractures in deep rock formations that allow oil and natural gas to flow freely into the well bore. It also serves as a proppant, keeping these fractures open so that oil and gas can continue to flow out of the well even after it has been completed. Without frac sand, drilling operations could not access these resources effectively and efficiently. This makes frac sand an essential material for all types of oil and gas production projects.
When it comes to getting access to frac sand for your project, speed is essential. Drilling operations require vast amounts of frac sand to be available onsite to keep pace with the job’s demands, so having access to a quick loan-in process can make all the difference when it comes time for delivery. Gas and oil companies need assurance that they will have access to reliable sources of frac sand whenever needed so that their operations are not delayed due to shortages or unanticipated delays in delivery times.
Finding a reliable source for your truck load of sand is just as important as any other part of your supply chain. If you don’t have access to quality material when needed, it could mean costly delays or project overruns that eat into profits. That’s why companies should find trusted suppliers offering streamlined loan-in processes that ensure they always have enough material on hand.
As the demand for oil and gas continues to grow, the demand for high-quality frac sand also continues to increase. This has led to the emergence of many frac sand companies. However, not all frac sand companies are created equal. Here are some indicators that a frac sand company might be right for you.
- High-quality frac sand: The most important characteristic of a good frac sand company is the quality of its product. High-quality frac sand should withstand the high pressures and temperatures associated with hydraulic fracturing. It should also have a consistent grain size and be free from impurities like clay and silt. Good frac sand companies will have their products tested by independent laboratories to ensure they meet industry standards.
- Strategic location: The location of a frac sand company is another essential factor to consider. The closer the company is to the shale formations, the lower the transportation costs and the more competitive they can be. Good frac sand companies will have strategically located facilities near major oil and gas basins.
- Efficient logistics: The transportation of frac sand is a crucial part of the process. Good frac sand companies will have efficient logistics to ensure their products are delivered to their customers on time and at a reasonable cost. They will have a fleet of well-maintained trucks and a team of experienced drivers to handle the transportation.
- Quick frac sand loading process for trucks: The loading process is a critical step in transporting frac sand. Good frac sand companies will have a fast and efficient truck loading process. This is important because the longer the loading process takes, the longer the trucks will be idle, which can result in higher transportation costs. A quick loading process will also increase the number of trips that can be made daily, which means more revenue for the company.
- Good customer service: Quality frac sand companies will have excellent customer service. They will have a dedicated team to handle customer inquiries and concerns and will be responsive and proactive in addressing any issues that may arise. They will also be transparent about their products and services, providing customers with all the information they need to make informed decisions.
If you’re interested in an efficient truck loading process, be sure to check out this article on how to choose a dependable supplier for frac material.
- When your truck arrives at the facility, its license plate is scanned to access the shipment details. If a special mesh is required, the driver will be directed to the specific location. At traditional sand processing sites, it may take up to 45 minutes for them to exit their vehicle and manually load sand into the truck bed. At facilities like Pontotoc, they never have to leave their seat! Our staff sets up the area and utilizes machinery that quickly loads a full amount of sand into your vehicle.
- Once filled, it’s time for an inspection. One of our team members at the check station confirms that everything matches before allowing you to depart with your load in tow. Pontotoc’s automated system provides ease in dispatching trucks, hauling freight, and gaining data, all while keeping everyone safe since no one has to step out of their car during this process.
- Now that frac sand has been easily harvested and loaded onto trucks, it’s ready for transportation via various methods, allowing you to stay informed on each delivery status in real-time.
At Pontotoc Sand & Stone, we understand how important having a reliable source for your truck load of sand is for successful fracing operations. We take pride in providing our customers with fast loading services, including unmatched seven-minute load times, so they don’t have any costly delays throughout their drilling projects. Contact us today for more information about our services or help find quality sources for your next operation.